Sunday, July 19, 2009

new auspicious beginnings begin 8/18

My Students always ask me how did you find yoga.
Yoga found me - and it saved my life, literally!

I reflect back when I first started practicing yoga here in Austin.
I took my very first class @ Yoga Yoga South. Then I remember taking my first Hatha
Flow class with Mike Matthews (who is an amazing Ashtanga teacher in town!)
I was in college and could care less about me and my spiritual walk but yoga was soon to change all of that.

I thus found myself becoming hooked on Bikram Yoga. I loved it and still think it is an amazing practice but agree it is not for everyone. BTW - the new YogaGroove space they redid looks amazing! Can't wait to go try the practice out again.

Moving along (as it is easy to rant while blogging).... I have always tried to find a way to marry my passions in life: yoga + marketing + account services + graphic design.
Hard to do at times but I am VERY persistent and won't stand to do just any job. I pour my heart and soul into what I do.

It has almost been a year and a half since I left nFusion, an amazing local interactive firm. There was only so much of Nokia Global e-communications that I could handle;) I do miss working with the people there. I specifically remember finding a company online called Namaste Interactive. When I find something I love, I research the heck out of it. I believe my horoscope says that people born on October 30 (the week of intensity, might I add) make great detectives. I love researching. Needless to say, I research Namaste Interactive from start to finish. I thought to myself, how incredible would it be to work with a team like that. WOW!!!! Along the path, I have met many amazing teachers, artists, etc. through the global yoga community.

A few months back, an acquaintance of mine was traveling through Austin and was wondering if she could play live music in someone's class. Gosh the beauty of Facebook. I love it so!!!! Daphne Tse ended up coming to Breath & Body Yoga to sing her angelic tunes during shavasana. Some of her friends ended up coming to class, including the beloved Chris Roy, CEO and Spiritual Entrepreneur of Namaste Interactive. I knew exactly of him as I had thought they lived in LA. Well, come to find out Namaste Interactive relocated to Austin, Texas. Double-take...did I hear that right?

After some emails, resume sending, conversation, more conversation, and meeting with the founding partners, I am SO pleased and SO thrilled to announce that I am hopping on board with the Namaste Interactive team as Client Services Guru to help spearhead their new email client, Namaste Light. Namaste Interactive works with amazing clients such as my yoga teacher Shiva Rea, Acacia Lifestyle (new site just launched), Yoga Tribe & Culture, Energy Muse, and MC Yogi to name a quick few.

WoW! I get to jump in the deep in and marry it all together, starting 8/18.
Cheers to new auspicious beginnings and working with a sweet, talented, creative, technologically-advanced team. I am deeply humbled and honored to be a part of this
movement.

Thank you sweet Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“When you hit a plateau you have to be willing to get a little bit worse before you get massively better.”

– Tony Robbins, best-selling author, entrepreneur and speaker.

Join my Kula on Facebook