Sunday, June 7, 2009

new inspirations


For my whole life, the lie that is always stuck in my head is I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
I don't know the root source or where and when it manifested itself into me but it is suffocating at times. It comes and it goes but deep down I know that I AM GOOD ENOUGH.

Recently I have been reflecting upon the past 6 six years or so since I started practicing yoga.
Wow have things changed and evolved. Although I have veered off the path of studying with Baron Baptiste, I truly honor and humbly bow to his teachings. He will always be my first yoga teacher. His teachings are of truth and light. I think it is really easy to get caught up in SELF in this day and age, along with money and power. I am trying to figure out which path to take on this long journey ahead. How to inspire and give with intention.


Principles from Journey into Power that I am reflecting on:
• We are either now here or nowhere
• Be in the now and you will know how
• Growth is the most important thing there is
• In order to heal you need to feel
• Think less, be more
• We are the sum total of our reactions
• Don't try hard - try easy

• Build your house on a rock
• Establish neutral alignment
• Stack your joints
• Balance, Control, Surrender
• Work from the bones

COMMON MISTAKES
• Believing your doubts
• Despising the days of small beginnings
• Embracing tradition over intuition
• Not recognizing that the prize is in the process
• Falling into a trap of competition and comparison
• Not recognizing that sometimes less is more
• Not understanding your resistance

I will be leading two new intensives starting in July @ LifeTime Fitness - South Austin:

Beginner Yoga Intensive
Lifetime Fitness South Austin
July 7 - August 29
Email mbarnes@lifetimefitness.com to register

Journey Into Power - Intro to Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga
Lifetime Fitness South Austin
July 8 - August 28
Email mbarnes@lifetimefitness.com to register

No comments:

Post a Comment

“When you hit a plateau you have to be willing to get a little bit worse before you get massively better.”

– Tony Robbins, best-selling author, entrepreneur and speaker.

Join my Kula on Facebook