Friday, February 6, 2009

Seva/Service

This week I have been inspired by Mother Theresa and her endless acts of service to her community. For the past two years, serving, and I mean REALLY SERVING, has been heavy on my heart. Tonight I volunteered for the first time with the Lake Hills Church - Downtown Mobile Loaves and Fishes team. I tell you what, it was the most EYE-opening Friday night I have had in a while.

In my yoga classes this week I found ways to thread the following quote into class
"Be faithful in the small things, because it is in them there lies your strength."

I have always loved immersing myself in experiences whether it be a yoga teacher training,
or going camping my last semester of college on Land Arts, or serving food at the ARCH downtown on a Friday night. For me life is REAL when you get out of your comfort zone or what I call my bubble.

I feel so much gratitude for everything I have. I have not felt that in a while and am feeling very humbled.

Proverbs 22:2 - Bible
Rich and poor have this in common: The Lord is the Maker of them all.

Mother Theresa
Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.

Keep sharing your light!




No comments:

Post a Comment

“When you hit a plateau you have to be willing to get a little bit worse before you get massively better.”

– Tony Robbins, best-selling author, entrepreneur and speaker.

Join my Kula on Facebook